Best and Worst Wireless Key Finders (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Zomm Wireless Leash works with any smartphone with Bluetooth connectivity. The others require dedicated apps, and none of those apps work on Windows Phone.

heytherefromTX

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
I'm looking to use a key finder specifically for my wallet, and was surprised at the very low reviews for Duet on Amazon. Will you be updating this list with other products? I see Honey has high reviews, and a couple of others on Amazon.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Yes, I'm working on an update now that will include new products as well as updated reviews of products that have been revised since our initial review.

As for the negative Amazon reviews, it's my experience that wireless products tend to get widely variable reviews from people based on their ability to keep a connection with the device. I can only speak to my experience with the Duet, which was largely positive.

Angela111

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
How come the amazon review shows so differently than your ranking? The best wireless key finder has very poor review but Tile has pretty good review (even though I don't like the fact that battery can't be replaced or charged)

swelljibes

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Okay... Great stuff to locate misplaced items. What about a similarly simple solution for locating things at greater distances...? Say, a small device I could hide somewhere on a small trailer... which would broadcast its location so, if stolen, I could locate it and rectify the situation?

BTW: already had the first trailer stolen and have taken greater precautions with its replacement, but would prefer some sort of small send unit to ensure that even if someone overcomes my physical security measures I'd still be able to track the trailer to the culprit.

Thanks

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Writing some updates at this very moment, which I hope will be live in the next week.

Gaillen

Estimable
Nov 5, 2015
I did not notice before buying the Pally that the iOS version does not have the last seen map functionality that appears to be pictured in this review. Looks like the review was done with an Android so maybe that is the difference. Happy with the leach and volume. Size is the same as my ford escape key fob.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

The screenshots in the article are an Android device, yes, but I did test on an iPhone and earlier this year at least, the Pally app did have the map feature.

That said, the Pally app was my least favorite thing about that particular product.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

You'd want a GPS tracking device for something like that. Perhaps something like the Spytech GL300.

dlgars

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
What about a product that isn't blue tooth or has to be programmed for my elderly mother who isn't savvy with technology and who constantly misplaces her keys?? Any such good product out there that would be loud enough to hear?

KarenJulie

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
I have click 'n dig, which is dead simple, but doesn't work two ways. You can buy an extra transmitter, though, in case she can't find one. The batteries can be replaced. It doesn't need blue tooth or smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.