Best and Worst Wireless Key Finders (Archive)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John_658

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Why are you recommending the Trackr Bravo? This is a terrible product. Battery life is less than 4 weeks (not 1 year as advertised) and range is less than 10 feet (not 100ft). Two major flaws that make this product impractical to use.

Pollkat

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
The Trackr company, to me, is not a very reputable company. We ordered 3 Bravo trackrs and they do not work very well. I have been trying to return them, but you only get an answering machine when you call. I am still trying to get return information to send the trackr's back, but so far no luck. There are 330 complaints on the BBB website regarding the company. I also called the bank to get a return of my money since I can't get in touch with a live person. I would not purchase anything from them.

Janio

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Comparing the bad and the good the Tile's and other key finders I can not understand why the Tile receiver Editor'sChoise. The tile has the most aggressive advertisement and ...thats it. The price, usability. platform compatylility, range, two way findings are in some cases the same or worst than others. For me it is very subjective article....

Beth63

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
Hi, I understand that all the trackers connected to phones via Bluetooth use the battery heavily and I wonder if it is possible to turn on the search application only when an item is lost.

savvychick

Prominent
May 18, 2017
The Pebblebee Finder is fantastic! I love that it has a replaceable battery and it has the longest range out of all of these products. It also looks really nice on my keys and wallet. Tile scams you into rebuying every year because they don't have a replaceable battery and their device is so large and bright, not practical.

d_fousek

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I am better at finding my wallet/keys than tile, it literally wouldn't even find or connect when it was less than a few feet away. Also Non-replaceable battery with a "Subscription" type renewal system is terrible. Bascially rebuy the device every year for a poor product that really doesn't work well at all. Dont recommend and will not be buying again.

juliabaker9

Prominent
May 31, 2017
These devices aren't gps trackers but they rely on other devices of their own to form a network of connections and get located. For a gps tracker I personally find trackimo a better option. It's small smallest gps tracker that I have ever seen. And it has a global coverage (they claim). I bought it to hawaii then to china and had minimal to no experience in inconsistency of the signal.

hotglass

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Total waste of money. Got the Chipolo Plus and it pairs but the sound it makes is going to be difficult to hear from even 3 feet away. Have a Samsung S7 Edge and it will not ring the phone......just makes a little chirp and then leaves a message that its ready to be found. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Tried chat on their website for support and not good for anything...was told my Chipolo was working just fine and nothing wrong with it. To get a refund had to ship back to Slovinia with a tracking number !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.