Best Budget Editing/Streaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

EthanCampbell

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
So, as the title says, I am looking for a budget Laptop that can do editing for my college course as well as streaming in my free time on twitch using the elgato game capture hd or the HD 60. I have the speeds for it, but my current laptop can't handle the video editing load that I have for school.

1. What is your budget? $600-$1200
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size really
3. What screen resolution do you want? Preferably 1080p but 720p is doable
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? Outside of taking it to school, it will be plugged in, so like 3 hours?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No, this will be a mostly school work related laptop
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Video Editing, Streaming, Photoshop (For school and for family) Footage recording if needed. Mostly editing though.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750gb Minimum
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years to get me through college
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Reader
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. My current is a older alienware but I am open to any brand that is reliable and can get the job done.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I know that a i7 and at least 16gb ram would help me with the editing for college, and that is a must for me, though I can live with 8gb ram if I can upgrade if I need it later. I will be using sony vegas, and a gpu is not needed for me but would probably help. Also, more than 2 usb ports with at least 1 3.0 port. Thank you for your time :)

Solution
I suggest looking on Newegg.com at the Acer v15 nitro series, for a laptop with a proper quad core i7 in your price range. Most laptops with the CPU you require are going to have a dedicated GPU these days. You may find a better deal on an older MSi that has an older GPU but same CPU as well. These laptops will all have 1080p or higher usually, which is something I think you will kick yourself in the butt for not getting for video editing, and multitasking. Good luck to you!

naturesninja

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I suggest looking on Newegg.com at the Acer v15 nitro series, for a laptop with a proper quad core i7 in your price range. Most laptops with the CPU you require are going to have a dedicated GPU these days. You may find a better deal on an older MSi that has an older GPU but same CPU as well. These laptops will all have 1080p or higher usually, which is something I think you will kick yourself in the butt for not getting for video editing, and multitasking. Good luck to you!

Solution

EthanCampbell

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015

Thank ya :D I have never realy been on newegg so I really didn't know where to begin :3 thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.