Best Buy Not Honoring $9.99 HDTV Price

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i agree with best buy , go ahead and vote me down , but most you guys and consumers artoday are a tad on the asshole side , troling for free shit as much as you can , i used to know a buddy of mine that would call our local pizza shop and order 3 large pizza's because he knew they couldn't make it to his house in 30 minutes (he lived aobut 50 minutes form the pizza place) , so he'd get a discount on his pizza (good thing no one does 30 minutes or free any more).

it's the horde of trolls that make companies so wicked to all consumers these days. though i will say they should stick the to that price on the guys who already had thier tv shipped to them, but any one else should not be expecting to get their 9.99 tv. after all it is in thier clause that they can change prices on the fly.

G

Whom is doing quality control at Best Buy? A monkey? Personally, I believe they should be forced to abide by the sales that went through (card is charged and notification has been e-mailed). Why is it that we do not hold big business to the fire? They do it to us! When we back out on an agreement returning an item, we are forced to take a 15% restocking fee or some other penalty.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Befuddled: The idea behind the restocking fee is to help prevent people from effectively *renting* an item for free. It becomes an open box item when it's returned. However, Best Buy will not charge a restocking fee if you are trading it in and getting something else of similar nature. I returned a laptop to Best Buy and then bought a different one, no restocking fee was charged. The intent of the store is to sell items, not to have them returned when you're done with it.

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I don't know if anyone will see this but THIS WAS DONE BY AN EMPLOYEE ON PURPOSE.

On the popular 4chan site and on the imageboard /b/ an employee did it from work. It was posted in pictures and "screen capped." If you do a little google searching out there you can actually find the screenshots of the whole conversation. Even the point where the link was posted. It includes exact times and everything.

This was not a pricing error by best buy but a trolling attempt by a disgruntled employee. Sadly it was sent to me by a friend over msn. The employee even bragged about never being caught. Which it seems likely because everyone thinks it was a pricing "error."

I really hope the kid gets caught.

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dannyaa[/nom]Hey genius, notice what happen with Dell? This is because it is ILLEGAL not to follow through on an advertised price - EVEN if it was a typo. I, and others, have gotten many things on these errors for cheap. I've gotten a $120 item for $12 at Best Buy. They tell you it is an error, and you tell them too bad, it is law. And they have to honor it.Where it is tricky here is since it was online and the discount was HUGE. But legally they have to honor the price. I am sure there will be legal intervention with this and perhaps even a court case.I'm sure none of these people thought "wow what a great deal" but rather "wow let's take advantage of this error because they have to honor it by law!"[/citation]

They don't have to do shit...

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
You surely can't expect them to honor that price.

What next, hackers forcing companies to off load their stock to hurt them?

Status
Not open for further replies.