Best Buy: We Don't Want Your PS3 Consoles!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]What!? People still want a PS3? News to me[/citation]
damn....sorry mate, i gave your comment a thumbs down, it was meant for the comment below yours.

bravo29

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
[citation][nom]xophaser[/nom]Most stores will price match within 30 days, so just bring in your old recepit (within 30 days of course)and they should refund you $100 back and don't have to trade in. I got $200 back from Fry's on my TV, usually save 80-100 on my dell computer when the price drop within 30 days. Why would people really want a cheaper version of a PS3. They cut out the touch senstive buttons, the option to install linux and the heatshink I would image gotten smaller, even if the chip shrinked.[/citation]

You cant price match. The slim is a different model number and different SKU#. Price match is only for same model number and SKU at all stores.

xplinkox

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
This article kind of missed the point of this deal, this is not what you get for a trade in its for people who bought their ps3 in the last 30 days and are trying to return it to get the slim. It's basically a price match and a game to compensate for the smaller hard drive and larger form factor. Best buy does not want to have to deal with thousands of people returning their fat ps3's.

squirtle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]xplinkox[/nom]This article kind of missed the point of this deal, this is not what you get for a trade in its for people who bought their ps3 in the last 30 days and are trying to return it to get the slim. It's basically a price match and a game to compensate for the smaller hard drive and larger form factor. Best buy does not want to have to deal with thousands of people returning their fat ps3's.[/citation]

"thousands of people" ? :p

Returned consoles are a drag, not something you can turn around and sell, even if it's not an outdated model. It makes sense for retailers to give some incentive for customers to keep em happy, avoid returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.