Best device for an emotive exoskeleton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyhypercubed

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hi!

I'm an enchantress just starting to get into using technology in my work. I am rather defined and limited by long-term Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and would like to make a cloak to help with this.

I wear headphones full-time due to an over active startle response and a passion for music, so I would love a system with an iPod/iPad/iPad Mini hooked into a directional microphone on my lapel, playing my music but allowing me to add the microphone into mix when someone is speaking to me. I have terrible memory, and would prefer to save this soundtrack to my life, as well as creating a comprehensive archive of my visual experience with a photo being saved at regular intervals.

These functions are all currently covered by my iPad, but I will have an fm transmitter and separate radio headset with it, in case people want to join me in my world. I will be wearing this full time. I have a solar panel scarf, but I want the system to be as energy-efficient as possible.

Please could you suggest whether it is better to get a newer device with a more modern battery, or an older device with a less hungry processor? I don't mind docking every day, but the bigger the storage better if this does not affect battery and weight too much? Could someone give me advice on how these variables interact?

I'd need the device to play/mix audio, whilst concurrently taking pictures with presumably a separate app. Given the above objectives, I can sort out the aesthetics, ergonomics, and source the software, but would anyone have specific device suggestions; I'm open-ish to non-Apple devices.

Thank you!

holly^4

PS. An interface for plugging in LEDs to influence the colour of the sheen of a cloth based on the Genre of the song I'm listening to would also be nice. I'm quite sure this is arduino territory, but word of any existing solutions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hollyhypercubed

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hi!

I'm an enchantress just starting to get into using technology in my work. I am rather defined and limited by long-term Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and would like to make a cloak to help with this.

I wear headphones full-time due to an over active startle response and a passion for music, so I would love a system with an iPod/iPad/iPad Mini hooked into a directional microphone on my lapel, playing my music but allowing me to add the microphone into mix when someone is speaking to me. I have terrible memory, and would prefer to save this soundtrack to my life, as well as creating a comprehensive archive of my visual experience with a photo being saved at regular intervals.

These functions are all currently covered by my iPad, but I will have an fm transmitter and separate radio headset with it, in case people want to join me in my world. I will be wearing this full time. I have a solar panel scarf, but I want the system to be as energy-efficient as possible.

Please could you suggest whether it is better to get a newer device with a more modern battery, or an older device with a less hungry processor? I don't mind docking every day, but the bigger the storage better if this does not affect battery and weight too much? Could someone give me advice on how these variables interact?

I'd need the device to play/mix audio, whilst concurrently taking pictures with presumably a separate app. Given the above objectives, I can sort out the aesthetics, ergonomics, and source the software, but would anyone have specific device suggestions; I'm open-ish to non-Apple devices.

Thank you!

holly^4

Ps. An interface for changing the colour of a chiffon with LEDs based on the genre of song would be very nice also. I'm quite sure this is arduino territory, but I'd love to know of any existing solutions. Thank you.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
^What he said. What are you smoking or on? I know we get crazy's on the boards once in a while but I think this one takes the cake for blowing my mind today

Status
Not open for further replies.