Best Drones 2014 (Archive)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

If the drone has a combustion engine, yes (but why use a battery instead of just the engine). If not, what's going to turn the alternator?

PS: Don't answer 'the motors' or 'wind'. You get into perpetual motion issues there.

eric rao

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
@HomeMarketer: The article has been updated, the best drone for a novice is the UDI U818A: http://www.amazon.com/UDI-U818A-2-4GHz-RC-Quadcopter/dp/B00D3IN11Q?tag=bom-tomsguide-20
Now there's a new style U842-1

kevin freels

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
I know this is old, but it still comes in at the top of the search results and many of the drones listed are still relevant. Most of the reviews seem to focus on a relatively few that are available at retail stores. What I would really like to see someone do is a solid review of the inventory at a place like Banggood or hobby king. Find the best value out in the market for us so we don't have to end up shopping for hours on end. For example, when my shopping started, I had planned on getting the phantom. After spending a lot of time on boards, found that the Cheerson CX20 (aka Quanum Nova) was ideal for me because I'm a tinkerer and the Cheerson can be had with open source flight controller software and is much less expensive which makes it much more palatable to start taking it apart and replacing things. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.