Best free PDF editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Prominent
Staff member
Nov 21, 2018
You don't necessarily need to shell out big bucks for a PDF editor. If you're willing to live with some limitations, a free PDF editor may be all you need to edit or annotate documents. Here are our picks for the best free PDF editors.

Best free PDF editors : Read more

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And what if you're more concerned about security and avoiding having your proprietary, confidential or sensitive data stolen? Those concerns immediately rule out any on-line editor. How about a review of desktop / client only free editors.

Sep 6, 2020
Thanks for your work behind this guide. Would have loved to see the privacy security aspect as mentioned by kep55 discussed more in detail. There are some online tools that are "client only" (e.g. pdfux) and you get the same level of privacy as a desktop tool. Would also be interested to see a comparison of all these tools

Reactions: ThePapaBear J
Mar 3, 2021
Thanks for the article. I need a user-friendly product. After paying $99 for the PDF Candy pro version, I activated it with the key they sent me. Even after activation, the app still wanted me to upgrade to the pro version. I uninstalled the program to reinstall to see if that would fix the issue. Now the key would not work. I went to the key support section, and then the captcha doesn't work. No phone support. Besides those issues that would not resolve, it looks as if not all functions are on the desktop version, and you have to upload your docs to the web. I am NOT going to upload my documents to the web. I wanted a full refund. When they finally responded on Facebook, they sent me a link to the support page, which has the captcha that does not work. I emailed them, and still weeks later still have not gotten a response. I found another Facebook post on PDF Candy's page that is complaining of identical issues. They never posted a reply to that person. The money I spent is going to someplace in the Netherlands. I don't think I will ever see my refund. Meanwhile, I am using NitroPro and love it. It is a little more expensive and does everything I needed. Highly recommend NitroPro.

Reactions: ThePapaBear J
Status
Not open for further replies.