Best Gaming Headset Around $100?

TheCurse

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Like the title states, I'm trying to find a gaming headset that's around $100. If there are a few good ones then I'd like to know more about them. I might want to get one that has a built-in mic with it, but I heard that they have horrible quality. Thanks

TheCurse

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Yeah I was going for that headset but people said that it stopped working after 6months or so. I want to make sure that my headset will last for a long time and not die out. I won't be using the mic too much, so even if it's not the best quality then I'm fine with it. Are there any other headsets around that price that are good options as well? I still have quite some time before buying my headset, so trying to see more options.

vatiguti

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Look for a headset that says "7.1 virtual surround sound" on it. Those are amazing... You can hear stuff as if you are there and everything is happening around you... You can hear footsteps behind you and stuff... If you want better quality sound than go for a wired headset. Btw what system will you be playing on?

TheCurse

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Yeah my friend also says to buy a separate headset and mic instead of having them both together. Is it better this way or better to have both in one device? I was leaning towards the Siberia v2, but I might consider getting headphones and then a mic separately if it's better. Both would have to cost a total around 100 though

vatiguti

Honorable
May 24, 2013

I dont think it should make a huge difference. I think this headset is pretty good for the money. It has 7.1 virtual surround sound and it has a 2 year warranty on it so if anything goes wrong then you can have it taken care of. The only thing is its wireless... I have a wireless headset too and I think it sounds pretty good but Ive heard wired sound better... Anyways heres the headset I suggest...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399

TheCurse

Honorable
May 24, 2013
So the G35 or Siberia v2... I will chose one of them later. Thanks for telling me that wireless ones have problems, I was gonna get a wireless one but now that I know it's bad I will stay away lol. I've been using cheap headsets that cost under $40 so far. First 2 were Logitech ones and the one I'm using atm is a Plantronics $30 one which just died on the right side so no sound there. I'm hoping the G35 and Siberia v2 both will be able to last me more than 6 months... hopefully more than a year.

vatiguti

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Wireless ones dont have any problems with them but inherently wired headsets have better sound quality...

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
its true that wired analog headsets offer much better sound quality than wired.

while it's not marketed as a 'gaming' headset, one of the best $100 setups it the audio-technica ath-m50 paired with an inexpensive zalman mic. it's stereo only, but performs as good if not better than most 'gaming' counterparts. def worth a check.

if you're set on a 'gaming' headset, I'd recommend Siberia V2 for wired, or Corsair Vengeance 2000 if you prefer wireless.

good luck!