Best Gaming Laptop for $1500?

jtuwood

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I am looking for a laptop mainly because I leave for school in a few months and I cant take a desktop there. I was wondering what would be my best options for a laptop that could play skyrim pretty well. thanks I appreciate the help.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I would go with a high performance model from a brand you trust - it all depends on much big of a chassis and screen you want and if you're willing to live with the weight on a day to day basis. HP Envy 15t-j100 Quad Edition would be a nice fit if you upgrade to the 740M - won't be as great as gaming on a desktop but a quad core processor, a 700 series mobile GPU and and a 1080p display isn't a bad day to day experience while at college. If it were me and I had a little extra money I could comfortably add to that budget, I would get the Razer Blade or the Razer Edge. Edge is nice for the tablet form factor but since you are going to spend a lot of time writing for classes it would probably be more beneficial to have a laptop form factor or the tablet. The Blade is a high performance 14" laptop that is thin enough to be portable and powerful enough to be functional for a gamer: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade . I know another $300 is significant, but that things is pretty beast - optimus will help reduce your battery drain during non-gaming session and the SSD will make boot times lightning fast. Add a 1TB usb drive for all your media and you are golden.