Best gaming laptop for $900-$1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughnbholder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
1. What is your budget?

$900 - $1100. This price can be slightly flexible but would have to be very justified

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

14-17 but would prefer 15 or 17

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Not sure

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I would need to transport the laptop daily, but it would replace both my home desktop and work desktop

5. How much battery life do you need?

Not too important. Would be near outlet 90% of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

At the moment I play: SC2, GTA4, CIV5, Call of duty, Crysis. Will want to play: Diablo3, the next crysis, Call off Duty: Black ops. etc

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Mostly just web browsing, word processing, statistics, excel, movies, music etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Not a premium. 320 will do, obviously more is better

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I have thought of xoticpc, looked at a Lenovo 3d laptop recently (I7, 4gb, but not very good graphics card)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I am a student and this is a huge investment for me so I would like to keep it as long as possible. At least 4 yrs

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not important. DVD rw is fine

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No real preference. I want something that is more likely to last. Also im not fond of the battery sticking out of the frame of the laptop (ie MSI) but will deal with it if it is worth it

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Would like to buy the laptop from accredited source and with a good service track record. I would appreciate any advice advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.