Best gaming laptop under 1000$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight19

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Well the reason i want to get rid of my desktop is its been really unreliable... Any other options?

MasterDell

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
If it's being unreliable it must be out of date or something is wrong like the PSU Or the mobo.. (Sounds like it's crashing) take it from me, I bought an alienware for $1600 and it's lasted me 2 years and counting.. I love it. Problem is that it isn't worth nearly what I paid for. Yes it's a good laptop but if I took that money and built a 1200 dollar computer and then took 400 for a cheap asus.. I would be set up. But of course I chose the ignorant path and chose the alienware.... So I would suggest building a new pc.

KryptoKnight19

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

Its mainly software stuff and crashing that i cant be bothered to fix and i figured it was because i installed windows myself

Portable Gaming is costly and STARTS at $1200 or more, so have a dedicated GPU in it and not weigh a ton, overheat and burn you, nor eat the battery in 15 minutes. There is no such thing as a portable gaming laptop under $1000, unless you rather go Sony Vita, that has many games, including modern titles, and doesn't cost $1000 and very portable (quite surprised what keeps showing up playable on it).

MasterDell

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Those 750m graphics are terrible for a $1000 rig..

Concur, any testing show the 750 is good for low powering (great for portables) but is underpowered for gaming and thus suffers greatly as compared to a 760, 770, 780; which are the main cards with the R9s to play games on. As these cards start at $349 to $499, any laptop your buying will be $1200 or more.

BTW why would you want to buy a $1000 laptop (which is alot of money) and not have at least 16GB of RAM in it? Seems your shorting yourself one aspect but still paying for it.

MasterDell

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Concur x2

Please just don't toss ^%$@ at the wall and hope it sticks. The OP thread title is "Best gaming laptop", not generic one under $1000.

The one you presented while having a i7 does is not even adverted by HP as a gaming laptop for the very same reason all previously mentioned. Any Nvidia x50 based card (750, 850, whatever50) is a low end card NOT meant for gaming, only the x60, x70, and x80 numbered cards are built for the performance demand games require.

Jamesthewizard22

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

Please don't post to NECRO threads your own different issues. If your desktop is 'unreliable' that can be any number of things, and easy fix to maybe just pointing you in the right direction for alternatives. PLEASE POST A NEW THREAD listing what your computer is (best to download and use SPECCY then copy past the first tab text to help us) then list what your 'really unreliable' issues are, and what your expectations are. IF for example you have a $300 Walmart PC and you can't play Watch Dogs on Ultra settings, well that is because your expectations and what you paid for were two different things, and you need to be told what you really should do instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.