Best Gaming Laptop Under $2000

Solution
Like desktops, the best laptop is going to be the one you build yaself ... and while you can't do that physically, you can spec the parts. Any Clevo distributor can do that for you.

A 17" model w/ IPS screen, 7700k, GTX 1070, 2 x 8 GB 2400 RAM, 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, no OS w/ free shipping will have a cash price (pay by business check or other means - see FAQ)of $1700 or so ... As these distributors are not allowed to advertise prices below a certain floor, this is the price you will likely get from any distributor ... from there, you and the seller can negotiate any discounts you want. I'd bet $1625 is doable.

https://lpc-digital.com/product/sager-np8177-clevo-p670hs-g/

Cooling on the Clevo designs is superb and my current laptop...

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
That's hard to say. It's is pros and cons to all laptops around that price range. I personally bought a MSI GE17 laptop about a year ago. It rocks anything I throw at it and has very nice cooling with a fan boost option for when you game.

However, I believe they have a newer model of my laptop out that has a 1070 in it. I would get that one instead since it is newer.

Main things to look up for would be to get a good CPU, GPU and SSD. Cooling in gaming laptops is also a major factor. Don't let that one slip you by.

Like desktops, the best laptop is going to be the one you build yaself ... and while you can't do that physically, you can spec the parts. Any Clevo distributor can do that for you.

A 17" model w/ IPS screen, 7700k, GTX 1070, 2 x 8 GB 2400 RAM, 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, no OS w/ free shipping will have a cash price (pay by business check or other means - see FAQ)of $1700 or so ... As these distributors are not allowed to advertise prices below a certain floor, this is the price you will likely get from any distributor ... from there, you and the seller can negotiate any discounts you want. I'd bet $1625 is doable.

https://lpc-digital.com/product/sager-np8177-clevo-p670hs-g/

Cooling on the Clevo designs is superb and my current laptop (bought from LPC digital is over 5 years old), You can pimp it up with no dead pixel insurance, 500 GB SSD (Evo) 7200 rpm HD (or better yet 2 TB 7200 rpm SSHD you install yaself ) and still come in under $1900 after negotiated discounts.

Solution