Solved! Best Gaming Laptop

Siruis

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hey, I am knew to this forum and was wondering what the best gaming laptop would be to travel with? Due to my job, i travel at least 2 weeks out of the month. Almost all the hotels i go to have good internet so thats not a problem. I have been using an HP 311 with NVIDIA ion when i travel and the main game i play now is called Aion. Its an MMO that is like World of Warcraft. The netbook can play it, but its so incredible slow and i get frame rates of like 2-6 FPS. So my main need for the laptop would be for a game like Aion, but when Starcraft 2 comes out and The Old Republic i want this thing to be able to handle those smoothly. I dont need to play on the highest settings but i just want the game to be smooth.

I have been looking at the Alienware M11X, M15X, and the Ibuypower.com 15 inch gaming notebook. I really like the Alienware M11X because it is super portable, but im not sure if it would be able to handle these upcoming games? Any suggestions to what i should do? My Budget is under $1500. I have to travel with my work laptop so the M11X would be great because its so small, but getting that instead of the 15 inch ibuypower or m15x, i have to give up that extra power. Any thoughts to how the M11X would handle future games? THanks!!

Solution
As far as I know Dell has fixed the Alienware M15x problems from a few years ago in that link above.
I don't know enough about IbuyPower or CyberPowerPC notebooks to make any recommendations there.

I do not think the M11X would be a bad choice. Especially not for someone with a relaxed gaming style (and performance expectations).

Siruis

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah my gaming style is pretty relaxed and i only play MMO, i just want to make sure it can play SC2 and The Old Rebublic ok, but its hard to tell cause their not out yet and TOR wont be out until spring 2011