Best gaming laptop

ridd21

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
So I've been looking at getting a gaming laptop. I want one with a ton of power willing to go around $3800 and I want it to be sli/crossfire. But here's the kicker I would like it to be good to carry from class to class in collage. I've looked at the Alienware 18 but I heard its weight makes it a pain to carry. I also looked at the Origin laptop that is sli only to find out it's not being offered anymore :( So my question is are there any other sli laptops around that price out there? Cause I'm struggling to find them :(.

ridd21

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

Because if I'm going to spend what I'm wanting on a gaming labtop I want it to last the longest. My Desktop is Sli and honestly I can't stand not to max a game settings and I would like to be doing that 3 years from now or close to it.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
$3800 for a laptop? Seems incredibly excessive. You would be better off building a $1500 desktop and buying an $800 / $900 laptop like a Lenovo Y500 - you'll save a ton of money and you'll get the best of both worlds. The problem with spending that much money on a laptop is that the far more expensive laptops will depreciate in value incredibly quickly and then when you go to sell it, you'll get a mere fraction of what you paid for it.

ridd21

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

I have a gaming desktop also. So I don't really need another haha The degree I'm working on is to do 3D graphics design so I want some power to the laptop the $3800 is the most I'd spend cause it's how much money I have left over on scholarships. But ultimately I want as powerful of a gaming laptop I can get for around that price. Also I wanna note I travel a lot from my dorm to visit family' and friends and so fourth and carrying a 60lb desktop and a monitor gets old quick haha

ryan27968

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
you can get great performance without sli. a razer blade is an unbelievably powerful laptop that runs cool, is very thin and light, and very portable.

ridd21

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012

I've looked at them but I don't see a razer blade running titan fall maxed out or anything in maxed in a few years. If I was going to get a single card laptop I'd get the msi dragon edition 2 or the origins one but I'm 100% set on sli to be honest.

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

Second this!

g-unit1111

Distinguished

True! :lol:

Well if you want power there's always Falcon Northwest: http://www.falcon-nw.com/laptops

Indefatigable

Honorable
May 18, 2013
Falcon Northwest sells Clevos (the chassis on which Sagers are based). I cannot think of any reason to buy a Clevo from Falcon NW besides the paint jobs it offers.

Your main choices are Clevos, MSIs, ASUS ROG, and Alienware laptops.