Best haswell laptop under $1000 with a dedicated GPU

GamerOnTheGo

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I really need a laptop that could do all my photography and school work with some moderate gaming, also being very portable and decent battery life.

1. What is your budget? Under $1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13-15.6 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? Any is OK, but if I could get a higher screen resolution it would be great.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable with some moderate gaming and bunch of editing

5. How much battery life do you need? The longer the better. 4+ hours when running simple apps( internet browser, word, PowerPoint,etc)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, I won't play graphic intense games probably I'll play games such as minecraft, Call of duty, battlefield,etc. I don't mind playing at low settings as
Long as I could play it at a decent fps.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? School work, email, web browser, photo editing, watching videos.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? More than 128gb would do.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No specific sites. But I've been looking at the Lenovo Y410P (not a huge fan of poor battery life), the Asus Vivobook S451LB, the asus Vivobook S551LB, the Acer V5 Slim And the Dell vostro 15(not sure about though)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Probably 4 years the most

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? Don't need an optical drive.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't have any preferred brands, but just not apple and toshiba.

13. What country do you live in? Indonesia, but I go to singapore quite often so usually that's where I buy my computing needs

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed: A touch screen and windows 8 would be nice.

GamerOnTheGo

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Is there any other laptop that are cheaper yet similar performance? What about acer are they any good?

GamerOnTheGo

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Have u heard about the acer V5 Slim? I saw it earlier today it seems to have decent specs for what I do, should I get it or another laptop?

GamerOnTheGo

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

It's too big, is there any that are 13-15.6 inch?