Best headphones around/under $50

Heatblast016

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
I am looking for some headphones and have a budget of around $50. I am looking at the ath-m30s or the ath-m20xs but i am open to suggestions. I would prefer that the headphones have earcups that are soft and smooth, are over-the ear(for reference I have small ears) and do not have problems with sound based on cable shape(A removable cable would be nice).
Thanks.

Solution
m30 do not have terrible sound for the price but i found that build quality and earcup depth were nothing like the m50 i own (i gifted a m30). they would be fine for music but due to small soundstage would not be as ideal for gaming.
other good cheap headphones: creative aurvana live, superlux 668b, hd518, hd429, ad500x. maybe jvc harx700/900

sound based on cable shape? sound signature is mostly due to driver design, headphone design and if they are open/closed not so much cable shape.
m30 do not have terrible sound for the price but i found that build quality and earcup depth were nothing like the m50 i own (i gifted a m30). they would be fine for music but due to small soundstage would not be as ideal for gaming.
other good cheap headphones: creative aurvana live, superlux 668b, hd518, hd429, ad500x. maybe jvc harx700/900

sound based on cable shape? sound signature is mostly due to driver design, headphone design and if they are open/closed not so much cable shape.

Solution

Heatblast016

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

i have been using some cheap earbuds/headphones I have lying around the house and sometimes i have to change the cable shape to get sound in 1 ear