Best Indoor HDTV Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_B20017

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
I have a rather large antenna in a spare bedroom on the upper floor of my home. I got a powered splitter that I attached to it and connected the upstairs TV's as well as connecting an existing cable that ran to the basement. I attached another powered splitter in the basement to connect cables for my downstairs TV's. 1 antenna and 4 TV's. I'm in a rural area and I still pick up over 30 channels. If you do a set up like this make sure the first splitter is close to the antenna for the best signal distribution.

t.bargy

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
If you order from these people.......BEWARE ABOUT RETURNING....COST ALLMOST AS MUCH TO RETURN ITEM ..IF NOT MORE... WITH THESE PEOPLE AS IT DID TO BUY IT....SO IF YOU THINK YOUR GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK ....YOUR NOT......SO YOUR SCREWED......I'LL NEVER ORDER FRROM THIS PLACE AGAIN

rgd1101

Don't

Who are these people? the article only use amazon. And what with the all caps?

klevisnowlle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
The MOHU Leaf/Releaf antennas are available at Fry's and Walmart (can be returned). MicroCenter sometimes has a Yagi style mini antenna for about $14.99 which works reasonably well.

bigtdavis608

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
may want to update your article, the mohu airwave looks to have been pulled from the market. the product was an absolute disaster.

klevisnowlle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I am using an $19.00 Mohu Leaf antenna from Wal Mart plugged into a $25.00 Digital converter from e-bay. Mohu rates it 30 mile capable - although it may receive up to 40 miles. One thing almost all companies fail to mention is that the antennas are directional. My antenna receives regular HDTV positioned N-S best and medium powered religious stations best lying flat.

wmy77

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Purchase these antennas only from a retailer where you can return them without any extra costs or hassles.....depending where you live such as cottage country, the TV signals are too weak to allow any type of satisfactory reception...they may work in your area & they may not...placing the antennas outside & as high as possible will give the best reception...good luck...

cwoodphotos

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
This review of antennas has both misinformation and omitted information.

First, there is no such thing as an HDTV antenna. Antennas are designed for the frequencies and polarity of the transmissions they need to cover. The antenna is agnostic. It responds to analog and digital transmissions and care less whether or not the signal is 480, 720 or 1080. And by the way, there are no 1080P over the air transmissions in this country.

Some locations that have strong multi path reflections (city buildings, mountainous regions) will require an outdoor antenna, with a yagi being the preferred design as simple dipole or dipole with reflectors have a broad beam width and will reject unwanted signals/reflections more poorly than a yagi design

klevisnowlle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

bradleyr001

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Very disconcerting that the best rated (9/10) non-amplified antenna only has a 2.5 stars rating on Amazon (follow the link provided to purchase on Amazon). Also, the specs listed on this page are different than the specs listed on the Amazon page, mainly 30 mile range listed here and 45 mile range listed on the Amazon page. Makes it hard to discern between truth and fiction prior to a purchase.

vonshaman49

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I live in a trailer with metal siding in MA. I have cut cable but want to receive local major channels which are within 35-40 miles. Will the metal siding interfere with using an indoor antenna

songbirdwhite

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Oh, NO -- I Hit the RED BUTTON !! So sorry -- I don't have an answer; I was just trying to find the replies other people had written to two questions on the THREAD page that interested me. I'm new to "tom's guide", and it's exasperating that there's no apparent way to connect to previously posted solutions. Hope someone shared helpful answers to you both !

Status
Not open for further replies.