Solved! Best Laptop for Battery Life, light weight and less bugs

Jan 19, 2019
I am a physics major graduate students who will be working with Python or maybe Visual basics. I really have a bad experience on my old laptop Vostro 3300 Dell which its battery died just after a year! If I want to spend 2k$ USD for a laptop, I wanna buy something which has the LONGEST BATTERY LIFE. Also, not having bugs is so crucial for me. The other preference is having a good keyboard and not having glass like screenwhich reflects everything! The laptop should have these details:

1-Core i7
2-16GB
3-minimum 512 GB RAM

Carbon X1:
Cons:

The keyboard and the whole laptop gets dirty
    The worst fingerprint
    little Pad
    It has glass like screen

Pros:

lightweight
    Powerful
    It is lenovo!

Macbook Pro 13"
Cons:

1- It seems that if the motherboard destroyed, all you data would disappear

2- I am not sure the battery life would decrease because it is core i7 compared to core i5.

3- glass like screen

4- Clicky and crunchy keyboard!

Pros:

Design!
    OS reportedly has less bugs than windows.

Other options:
Hp spectra
Xps
Surface

Please
help me
I really need a help
Thank you

Solution

Only the Thinkpads with touchscreens are glossy. The non-touchscreens are matte (and get better battery life anyway).

As for preserving the battery, don't charge it to 100%, and don't discharge it to 0%. Those are what degrades battery capacity over time. (So does heat, but you can't really control that.)

The Thinkpads have a utility in the Lenovo Toolbox which lets you set the max charge % and when it begins recharging after hitting that max. For example, I have my Thinkpad X1 Extreme set to stop charging at 80%. It will charge up to 80%, then no further battery charging. I set the lower...

Only the Thinkpads with touchscreens are glossy. The non-touchscreens are matte (and get better battery life anyway).

As for preserving the battery, don't charge it to 100%, and don't discharge it to 0%. Those are what degrades battery capacity over time. (So does heat, but you can't really control that.)

The Thinkpads have a utility in the Lenovo Toolbox which lets you set the max charge % and when it begins recharging after hitting that max. For example, I have my Thinkpad X1 Extreme set to stop charging at 80%. It will charge up to 80%, then no further battery charging. I set the lower recharge limit at 70%, so it won't charge again until the battery drops below 70%.

I know some other companies offer similar software, but I haven't bought a non-Thinkpad in a while so can't say who has what. (I stick with the Thinkpads because they have the best keyboards in the business, bar none.)

Solution

ultra_male

Prominent
Jan 17, 2019

All laptops now offer this feature now by default either through the BIOS or through a utility so over charging is not really a concern nowadays like it was in the past. In fact, I keep my laptop plugged in all the time and the battery health never deteriorated as I check with a program called BatteryInfoView

This is how this feature works on my MSI laptop:
    ghTlHap.jpg

I did nothing in the BIOS it's activated by default