Solved! Best laptop for graphics on a tight budget... till i can do better!

colecoles21

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Hello,
What is the best laptop for graphics design on a budget of $850 US ? Can a Asus 15.6" UL50VT-A1 Notebook, 1.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 500GB HD, 4GB Ram work for me? I will be running illustrator CS3, photoshop CS3, lightroom 2.5, and painter 10. Sometime simultainiously. I will spend more than half my time away from a power outlet, and use wireless internet connection all the time. What should i do? I'm SOOOO confused!!!

Solution
I feel like a broken record. I'm not an apple fanboy. I swear to gob. Refurbished Macbook (the white one.) they have a 7 hour battery life, are the industry standard, have amazing screens. But it does have a small screen.....

I hate to admit it, but apple is finally competitive.

Lenovo and Toshiba are nice IMO.

check out this toshiba:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=467916
add the 12 cell battery (up to 8 hour battery life...(straight from toshibas mouth)
add the 310 graphics card, or the i5 processor.

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I feel like a broken record. I'm not an apple fanboy. I swear to gob. Refurbished Macbook (the white one.) they have a 7 hour battery life, are the industry standard, have amazing screens. But it does have a small screen.....

I hate to admit it, but apple is finally competitive.

Lenovo and Toshiba are nice IMO.

check out this toshiba:
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cdetland.to?poid=467916
add the 12 cell battery (up to 8 hour battery life...(straight from toshibas mouth)
add the 310 graphics card, or the i5 processor.

Solution

jamesyboy

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Also, later this year, the low-voltage mobile i7's are coming out. Then, you should be able to get an i7, 4gb high-speed ddr3, and a nice graphics card--all for under a thousand dollars. Look up the asus ul80jt