Best Laptop under $650-700 ($600 preferred)

heroedelreves

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
1. What is your budget?
Between $600-$700 (but $650 would be nice)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

It would be my first laptop. I've always using desktop pc (actually 23" monitor). So i don't know, but i think 14-15 would be ok.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Depends of the specs of each one. If the difference is huge (in favor or desktop) i would choose desktop. But if the difference is not much, portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?

At least 5-6h with heavy use.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No i don't

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Watching movies (Netflix, streaming vía HDMI TV), download torrents, mail, facebook, YouTube, read news (9-10 tabs opened at the same time), download files. Storage files (music, video, documents).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
128/256SSD + 1TB HD to store files

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Amazon, but any place where i can buy online it's ok.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need optical drive.

13. What country do you live in?
U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I was looking a few laptops for the range of my budget.The only requirement for is that it had an Intel i5 8th generation (8250U).
I found these one:

Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762) $600
This is the one i think is the best option money/specs. I like the specs but i don't know if there's a better one.

Acer Swift 3 (SF315-51-518S) $700
I don't wich one is better, this one or the E5-576G-5762.

ASUS VivoBook (F510UA-AH51) $689

I really like the Asus but i don't know if i can add an M.2 SSD so i can have 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD, I read the battery is poor. Can anyone tell me if that's correct?

If you have another model it will be appreciated. Or you can choose one of the models i suggest.
Thanks!

piechockidocent9

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
From the choices you picked I like Swift the most. Getting ssd+hdd with your budget is the hardest, I searched for a while but only thing close I found to meet up was Lenovo Idea Pad 80RU00D7US however it goes 50 bucks over as is.

heroedelreves

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

Thanks for your help.
I can go a few bucks more to get SSD+HDD. Do you know if the Swift 3 has an extra slot for a HDD? or what model do you suggest for a SSD+HDD?
I can reach to $800.

piechockidocent9

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Sorry I ment to get to you sooner, had a crazy evening/next day at work. Yes from what Iwas about to find Swift 3 has additional hdd slot.
It's a good idea you have, most hdd's in laptops are only 5400-5900 rpm so purchasing one with just ssd and then adding another separately purchased hdd of your choice could be a jakcpot.
I've been digging some more but to not much avail, prices are merciless although much better then what I would have to pay in poland so I'm both jealous and intrigued ;-) In the end I would advise you to go with Acer Aspire F 15 if you choose an all-included option of ssd+hdd:

http://

If you want to buy storage hdd later one then Swift 3 ot Aspire E15 Acers you picked will do quite nicely.

heroedelreves

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

Thanks to you for the support!.
I've been diggin by my own too. I found a new challenger to the Swift 3 and to the Acer E 15.
What do you think about this Dell laptop?
2018 Premium FHD 1080p Dell Inspiron 15 5000 15.6 Inch Touchscreen Flagship Laptop (Intel Core i5-8250U up to 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 620, DVD, HD Webcam, Windows 10) for $679.
The only thing is that i can't tell what model exactly is, so i can read all the specs. Because i don't know if it has Wifi AC, i don't know about battery life either, etc.

piechockidocent9

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Hard to tell the precise model indeed, I think it's some kind of lately refurbished or slightly modified version of insipre 15 5000 hence the 2018 in the name. On paper seems like a good choice, offers ssd+hdd option and has ddr4 instead od 3 onboard with con being integrated gpu but that shouldn't be a problem if gaming and utra quality movies are not what you intend to do.
Old inspire 15 5000 did not make too much fans though which is a concern, up to 3h battery life, bad quality screen, wi-fi poblems and overall cheaply made are most common senteces from the reviews even of the stronger AMD gpu packed model. It would be 50/50 chance for good or bad product depending on how well it was revised, you would be one of the first to test it I'm afraid.

TRENDING THREADS