Best Laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jayjr8018

Distinguished
May 21, 2007
back on topic for a sec.. speaking of the executioner SR, its probably one of the best laptops that will be on the market in early july.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
You should email me then.

Also, I'd like to note something here for everyone else reading this thread.

We have one company that says, "Their's going to be a few weeks wait to get these.", and another company that says, "Oh yea sure, we have them... place your order."

Then a week after the order is placed... then they tell him that it will be a few weeks.

Now you make the call, is it that...
:arrow: They simply DON'T KNOW what inventory they have on hand? (Which is a scary thing in and of itself)
:arrow: They just tell the customer what they want to hear to get their cash?
:arrow: They rely on the fact that everything in life is usually a bigger hassle to correct (like canceling the order, getting refunded, placing a new order etc.) than just waiting?

The above is why K|N started and has the business model it does. I hate that stuff, and it happens too often nowadays.

I gotta see if my dad still wants to wait for Sager. I'll let you know.

Arrow They simply DON'T KNOW what inventory they have on hand? (Which is a scary thing in and of itself)
Yes that is a very scary fact and something I'm not sure why I didn't pick up on.

Arrow They just tell the customer what they want to hear to get their cash?
I think this is especially true with Sager, don't ask me why my Dad ordered from them. We saw it before with that 17'' SLI notebook.

Like I said I'll let you know about the laptop.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Yes, that is going to be the Odachi.

If you need one right now I can sell this testbed one, I have an e6700 2.66 Ghz CPU for it.

Honestly, since I found out I needed to manufacture another component to make the quad core work... it has just been sitting here unused.

PM or email me if you want it.

ikillnothing

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Yes, that is going to be the Odachi.

If you need one right now I can sell this testbed one, I have an e6700 2.66 Ghz CPU for it.

Honestly, since I found out I needed to manufacture another component to make the quad core work... it has just been sitting here unused.

PM or email me if you want it.

mark if you could get a quadcore working in that laptop people would be flooding you with requests for them. if you did get it working within your level of quality you would become very popular 8) or is this problem with the chipset or is it just cooling ?

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
It is many things.
Cooling is one, but I would call that the secondary problem.
There is a larger problem that is chipset related that I am trying to overcome with a modded part.

Trying to get anyone to manufacture this part is the hard thing right now. Let's say I am 85% sure I can get it working, but right now I am swamped with web updates, new system requests etc. and haven't had allot of time to set aside to work on it.

I agree, K|N could be a household name if I can get this working.