Best PC Game Controllers 2015 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpin Lincoln

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
In my opinion, I think the Xbox 360 Controller should take the spot for the best overall, I owned an Xbox 360 for 5 years before i moved to the PS3 (more friends played it) I hated the PS3 controller and it took me quite a while to get used to, the 360 controller had the perfect design for comfort and buttons. But when i got my hands on an Xbox One controller i was disgusted, the weird blocky/curved feel, the triggers are spongy as hell compared the the 360 controller, and who ever had any gripe with the d-pad on the 360? The entire controller all-around is a major step back from the 360 controller. So in my opinion the Xbox 360 controller should win best overall. Also the PS4 controller has to be hands down most comfortable controller to this day i that i have handled.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
In my opinion, I think the Xbox 360 Controller should take the spot for the best overall, I owned an Xbox 360 for 5 years before i moved to the PS3 (more friends played it) I hated the PS3 controller and it took me quite a while to get used to, the 360 controller had the perfect design for comfort and buttons. But when i got my hands on an Xbox One controller i was disgusted, the weird blocky/curved feel, the triggers are spongy as hell compared the the 360 controller, and who ever had any gripe with the d-pad on the 360? The entire controller all-around is a major step back from the 360 controller. So in my opinion the Xbox 360 controller should win best overall. Also the PS4 controller has to be hands down most comfortable controller to this day i that i have handled.

The d-pad on the 360 controller is absolute crap. I actually had to buy a 2nd controller for fighting games like Street Fighter 4 and so forth because it is so inaccurate. I even tried the pringles lid trick, which did help, but not enough.

Outside that, that is the only flaw that I've had with the 360 controller and I use it for every other type of game (outside fighting).

Mirsyis

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I mostly agree with this list, although true the 360 d-pad is crap it more than makes up for that in how well it performs in most good last gen games. The xbox one controller isn't bad but those triggers are garbage for me as I like to rest my fingers on the tips, the duelshock 4 on the other hand has wonderful triggers but no native pc support makes it a hard sell for a pc controller and 3rd party controllers are a joke including logitech as they've been lagging behind as of late. The best choice isn't clear anymore as the 360 controller is comfortable and works with many games but that d-pad ruins it for a lot of games and the xbone controller's triggers ruin it for me and I'm sure many others agree. I think whatever you like to use for a controller is what you should stick with, I'm leaning toward ps4 even though I love my 360 controller and love everything besides those triggers on the xbone controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.