Best podcast apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliezer

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
I've been using PodTrapper for over 10 years already since way back in my BlackBerry days. :) I subsequently installed the Android version and have continued using it ever since. :) Incidentally, it seems to have been completely abandoned by the developer. I think the time has finally come to find a new podcast app.

I need one that not only syncs what I've listened to between devices, but provides some good controls. I tried Google Podcasts and kind of laughed at the simplicity.

Some podcasts have been running for 15 years, and I don't want to listen to those all over; I similarly don't want to delete one episode at a time until it's in-sync with where I am. So I need for example a "delete below" type of feature.

I am also not so interested in having the app provide me with lots (or any, really) recommendations of new podcasts I might enjoy.

Any suggestions, please?

Sep 17, 2020
I am currently using Apple's Podcasts App to manage my subscriptions, but I'm considering switch to using a streaming service like Amazon Music, Pandora, or Spotify to manage them. Any suggestions about pros/cons of using a streaming service compared to a Podcast App to manage and listen to Podcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.