Best Smart Thermostats 2015 (Archive)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justenb

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
Couldn't agree more! I started with Nest, but found "learning" mode to be a painful, torturous experiment — glad I found ecobee3. Its remote sensors just make sense. The app is intuitive. And its energy efficiency is wildly better than the small improvements I saw with Nest.

Juanchy

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
Ecobee all the way, they real uped the touch screen to make it more reactive and their web portal is smooth. They engage with their customers in a fun and dynamic way through the use of their app and website.

liqianghua

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
My vote is also for the Ecobee3. I own two devices and have not regretted the choice. The most recent firmware and mobile update took it to an even greater level.

Antolope

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
I sold both my Nest Thermostats and switched over to ecobee3 because of the remote sensors and integration with my automated home project. I don't regret the choice.

rugrata2

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Absolutely agree with this review, Ecobee3 has raised the bar. I have two in my home and love them. They make my life easier and just flat out works!

carmelo9313

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
I have been using Ecobee for a few years now and the new E3 is a huge upgrade. I love the remote sensors and the look of the unit. Not to mention the top notch customer service. Ecobee hands down for life.

slefkoff

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Like most have said, you hit the nail on the head. Ecobee3 really separates itself from the competition. It isn't just another smart thermostat, and you've got that. Ecobee is really getting the recognition it deserves - it is the best.

jredders

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
I have no regrets about my ecobee3 purchase. I spent a bit of time paying close attention to it and now I almost forget I have it. That's the sign of a truly well designed piece of hardware.

Kevin McCormick

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014
I got an Ecobee3 after finding Nest has issues with heat pumps getting stuck in cooling mode when you are heating. That is something Nest is working, but could not find if was fix. So I started looking at other options, and I am glad I did. Ecobee3 is by far the better choice over the net. Great community, they take our feedback for improvement of the thermostat, and I like having all the remote wireless temperature sensors. Best choice in thermostat I have made.

spepin

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
Your review of the ecobee3 is right on target with my personal experience so far. I love my ecobee and wouldn't trade it for anything!

iamtimsteele

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
I agree with your assessment. I have an Ecobee3 and couldn't be happier. The remote sensors were the reason I bought this device - and they really work. Obviously, you can't have one furnace and expect to have every room perfectly comfortable. But, with Ecobee3, you can get much closer by not worrying about unoccupied rooms. As you move around, Ecobee3 adjusts the overall temperature in the house to keep you cozy. And Ecobee3 connects with lots of other devices through IFTTT. With any luck, they'll become part of the SmartThings-connected devices in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.