Best Smartwatches 2015 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma-taylor

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
I had visited the list of best smart watches in 2015.from that I would like much on pebble it is wondering.

Eno_1_

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
That pebble watch is soooo ugly. All these watches are a bore. They are just little blue tooth devices tethered to your phone. Redundant.

Sirdubs

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
So, you say the gear 2 has a proprietary platform, so it doesn't make the list. ... but apple watch gets top billing. ..wtf, it only works with One phone. If you don't know what proprietary means, then I don't trust this list

Sirdubs

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
"Nixon Mission is a rugged smartwatch that’s rated for water resistance up to 100 meters (330 feet). That means you can get your notifications even while you’re surfing or snorkeling. " ...
You realize that the watch isn't magical right? So you're not getting signal under water, it's becoming more and more obvious that the a author of this article doesn't know much about wireless technology.

Cyberjunky

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
First off the Pebble devices are not fully compatible with Apple IOS devices. They crash often on the Apple IOS 9.X.X software. The device goes into SOS mode (recovery mode) every few weeks (6-8 weeks). The pebble devices have more updates than any IOS devise I have ever owned. In 4 moths the device required 5 updates, in my opinion that is a little excessive. The apps are clunky and the majority of apps require add on apps to run in the background which in some cases can cost quite a bit on the app store. There are some apps that will not work even with the add on apps. A device that costs around $299.00 (Pebble Time F90A) that keeps crashing with clunky apps, no touch screen and 0 support. I would not consider that an investment.
Anyone thinking of smartwatch should look at all the options available to them, the Apple smartwatch prices have come down quite a bit and for an extra $100.00 ($399.00) you could be the proud owner of a IOS smart watch with touch screen and a whole lot of better options and features. Samsung has their own version of a smart watch which works a lot better than the 3de party clunky app Pebble watches.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I don't know how the apple watch gets the accolades it does. It doesn't have built in GPS so you have to carry your phone even if you wear a watch on a run? How about an apple ankle bracelet to add to the gear you have to carry? Why do I want to wear a watch if I still have to mount a giant phone to my arm anyway?

A watch with both built-in GPS and the ability to store your music and play it to a set of Bluetooth exercise earplugs is what is going to make the best option in the future. Until then, the apple watch is simply a dumb-terminal to the phone.

On the other hand, the Microsoft band has the GPS component that is better than my Garmin watch that costs a little less. The GPS finds the sat right away, unlike the Garmin which can take up to 5 minutes to triangulate. If the Microsoft Band would only let you store music and Bluetooth to the headset/earphones, it would be the one that makes sense. Although, there's no pretty blue band...

Widep1990

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Apple, Google and Samsung are all in a rush to grab you by the wrist. The heat has been turned up for computer wearables and the focus is centered above your hand.

The first Google Android Wear smartwatches have just been released. They appear as the LG G Watch and Samsung's Gear Live.

Meantime the clock is ticking on Apple's iWatch debut. The firm is ramping up its efforts to launch their new wearable sometime this fall. In fact the company is reported to have hired the sales director of luxury Swiss watch maker Tag Heuer to help in this effort.

joanfisch

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Still waiting for a well made smartwatch fit for a business woman. Advertising a clunker as made for women because it's a "boy friend watch" in rose gold doesn't make it designed for a woman. That's pure marketing hype not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.