Best Sound Bars on the Market

BklynBorn

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
Warning! Turns out it's impossible to link my lovely Vizio sound bar and Time Warner cable because one requires 3-digit code, the other 4-digit Coe. So every time I turn on the tv or change the volume I need to find the tiny Vizio remote. To add injury to injury, that remote is impossible to open to change batteries.

Brice_2

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Is it possible, with "any" sound bar, to make it function as a slave to the new skinny TV so that it turns on and off automatically with the TV without resorting to using a separate remote to control the sound bar? In other words, I want it to behave as if it was installed at the factory as part of the TV and the TV remote could control the volume up and down. Is that possible? I'm 79 and I'm damned tired of messing with buttons trying to see and hear something on TV. I doubt if I can find this discussion ever again so it would be nice if you could send me a copy of your response to my email at[don't post your email address on the forum]. Thank you!!

Insulaventus

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
The Yamaha yas-203 (Best soundbar with subwoofer) isn't available any longer in my country :( is there another good option i should consider?

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I have a two Sony sound bases.. Sony was first to offer a sound base.. They are hooked up with the optic cable.. The sound is equate, the based come alive when playing a cd or rented movie through the cable provider, both were purchased through amazon for under 300.00. I can't see paying anymore 300 for just sound for a TV.

Savannahgeek

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
You should review the Samsung HW-k950 soundbar again. The lastest firmware allows not only for atmos, but DTS 5.1 instead of the original DTS 2.0. Also, when used with the Xbox One S and activating the Dolby Atmos app, makes plain Dolby 5.1 sound great, better than the built in surround upmixer. This is till the best atmos soundbar, and the only 5.1.4 available. Can't beat it.

zthomas

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Your opinion is noted.. I stand by my past answer.. the Sony base.. I do NO gaming on my TV.. not a fan of xbox.. some of there games are okay.. I got a super pricey Acer 27 inch g-sync monitor with a Nvidia 980 video card and a sound blaster sound card with Aperion powered speakers.. talk about having a kick ass sounding system..

Mar 22, 2018
We are senior citizens. We have a new LG OLEG TV. We don't listen to music on this TV. We watch movies from Netflix and Amazon. The sound on our new TV is fine for TV viewing. A lot of the dialog on the movies is hard for us to hear. Can you recommend a sound bar that would easily attach to our TV and would help enhance our listening to the movie dialog?

Jan 6, 2019
I've got a Klipsch R10b w/woofer. Simply outperforms the three listed here by a huge margin. Simply none listed are in the same league. When you test these speakers, did you realize that there is about a 100 hour break-in period for them to achieve their full voicing? Opening up the box and plugging them in is NOT an adequate test cycle. (engineer here)