Best Speakers for Gaming/Music for under $300

StavrosWTF

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
I am a total noob at this. I would like to know what the best 2.1 or 2.0 setup would be for music and gaming.

Solution
depends on what you want/expect honestly.

powered speakers like the mackie cr3/cr4, micca pb42x, audioengine a2, rokkit 5, speakers from swan, etc are generally good but may lack a little bass.

little 2.1 kits like the swan m10 or similar will add a little bass to the above.

you could also use unpowered speakers an an amplifier. i personally like using klipsch but there are many brands you could pick from to make a 2.0 with that budget.

dayton makes cheap yet reasonable sounding subwoofers for the money. a quality sub will cost over your budget so this would be your best bet if adding a sub to a 2.0 system.

what would my personal choice be? a decent amplifier (perhaps a dta-120 or cheap sony stereo receiver) paired with a pair of...
depends on what you want/expect honestly.

powered speakers like the mackie cr3/cr4, micca pb42x, audioengine a2, rokkit 5, speakers from swan, etc are generally good but may lack a little bass.

little 2.1 kits like the swan m10 or similar will add a little bass to the above.

you could also use unpowered speakers an an amplifier. i personally like using klipsch but there are many brands you could pick from to make a 2.0 with that budget.

dayton makes cheap yet reasonable sounding subwoofers for the money. a quality sub will cost over your budget so this would be your best bet if adding a sub to a 2.0 system.

what would my personal choice be? a decent amplifier (perhaps a dta-120 or cheap sony stereo receiver) paired with a pair of klipsch bookshelves, perhaps the r14, r15 or icon.

however, everyones preferences are different.

for perhaps 100 more than your budget you could get a 5.1. a cheap 5.1 sony receiver on sale with the energy take 5.1 classic set or the monoprice clone.

Solution