Best speakers without blowing my neightbors head off...

orate

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I just got the Logitech Speaker System Z623 and damn they make everything vibrate was just playing GTA5 and everytime I touched a checkpoint in a race feels like a bomb explodes in my living room, bad for neightbors relationships I think I would hate if they do that. I want a really good sound which I can play loud without disturbing others life's in my building. Now, failing miserably with this speakers (they are cool, but I won't be able to use them here as they are meant to be used) I'm asking advice from you guys.

is it posible to have some good bass without this extreme BOOM BOOM that I have been hearing? Think problem would be having a woofer?
Please recomend me something, I can get as high as 200bucks.

Thanks.

Solution
Well if you want speakers with decent bass then your neighbors are probably going to hear. I am assuming you are living in a apartment otherwise you have stuff very loud if they can hear from your house.

ahnilated

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
Well if you want speakers with decent bass then your neighbors are probably going to hear. I am assuming you are living in a apartment otherwise you have stuff very loud if they can hear from your house.

Solution
here is the trouble:

playing loud sound (which you want) can carry through walls and irritate neighbors. the simple truth is that if its loud, you're going to hear it. this is true with people talking, things being dropped, slamming doors, and other normal everyday sounds.

playing good bass (which you want) will vibrate and carry through walls even better than normal audio. bass generally causes walls to shake, pictures and other things to vibrate and rumbling to be heard on the other side of walls.

solutions:

play at lower volume levels with the bass turned down. if possible play something of similar bass levels and volume levels as your gaming sessions and visit your neighbors place to see how loud things are so you have a good basis to judge from. if its really bad, drastic decisions need to be made. if its just a tad too loud then perhaps a slight tweak to bass or volume.

relocate your pc to a side of the house not close to your neighbor, or use sound isolating foam panels to isolate the room. if you absolutely want bass/loud then this might be the most practical solution if you have such a space.

use headphones. there are some very nice quality bassy headphones out there (such as the dt770pro-80) which can generate great bass levels without getting muddy which would be a huge improvement from gaming headsets and fulfill your need of loud/bass though you're still going to be wearing something on your head.

---

logitech bass is more boom-boom thunder instead of clear bass. other speakers might give less boom-more-clear bass but given your requirements you'd have a similar problem if you dont address the general issue at hand.