Best Streaming Service 2015 - Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and More (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantph

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
"The days of having to ... buy expensive discs in order to watch your favorite shows and movies are gone"

Then why on Amazon does it cost $5 to buy the Lord of the Rings DVD but $10 to stream the standard definition version?

NoMoreCableTV

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the article Marshall. It was information I pretty much already knew (been using Roku, Netflix and Hulu for th past couple of years), but Time Warner Cable was my provider for live TV.

Over the past month or so, TWC has been slowly removing services from my account and saying that they don't know what the problem is, yet I still have to pay my monthly TV bill. I was using the Roku TWC app to watch TV, but about a month ago, TWC took my local channels away from the Roku app. Today they blocked me from even being able to log on to the Roku TWC app. I called them to fix the issue, but they said it was going to take several days to fix it. I told them that was the last straw, and disconnected my TWC TV service. I then signed up with Sling TV (only takes acouple of minutes). Sling TV just started up this month, and I have no doubt they will continue to add more channels to their lineup. The channels they now have takes care of most of my viwing habbits. I encourage everyone to rid themselves of these large corporate leeches who will only continue to charge you more and provide you less. Streaming TV is the future, and predict within the next two years, 80%+ of the population will be receiving their live TV with streaming services.

There is also one other one you need to add to your lit though. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Tablo (TabloTV.com) to stream local live TV channels to all of my Roku devices from a simple TV antenna. I atached a 2TB drive to it through USB and record all of the programs I like from NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, CW, Fox, etc... They are also a great new company that is helping us to end our dependency from these corporate cable TV giants.

Again, good article Marshall.

Lessel E

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
Can anyone offer some advice on this? I'd like to ditch my cable and go with a streaming box. I've seen the INL3D box comes complete with multiple links that will allow you to stream tv/movies for free absent services like netflix and hulu.... but I want to better understand what my access to LIVE tv will be. If I want to watch the Superbowl, or State of the Union address, or just watch CP24 or CNN live....... do I have that option?

Help!

Qlint_Iistwud

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Can anyone offer some advice on this? I'd like to ditch my cable and go with a streaming box. I've seen the INL3D box comes complete with multiple links that will allow you to stream tv/movies for free absent services like netflix and hulu.... but I want to better understand what my access to LIVE tv will be. If I want to watch the Superbowl, or State of the Union address, or just watch CP24 or CNN live....... do I have that option?

Help!
Odds are a cheap antenna from Wal-Mart will let you get free hdtv broadcasts from the local tv stations. We are in a remote mountainous area, roughly 50 miles from the nearest station, so I spent $100 on an outside antenna and $60 on an amplifier and we sometimes get 7 channels. Including super bowl (why did he pass) and state of the union.

martix86

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Regarding Amazon Prime: yes, it is $99 up front. However, that only makes it $8.25 a month. And if you decide to cancel, they reimburse you for any unused months. So if you only use the service for 6 months and decide to cancel it, you will get $49.50 refunded back to you. So, you don't lose out on any money if you change your mind. At least that's how it was a year or two ago.

MadamTechyIT

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
i currently subscribe to netflix, hulu and roku 3 spectrum streaming

i am about to relinquish hulu bc they charge $12 simply bc i don't like their obnoxious commercials .. even despite they have better documentaries than netflix.

on the other hand, netflix has excellent customer service and an excellent navigation

roku 3 spectrum streaming is nice with HBO included .. at the lab i watch HBOGO on the computer during down time, despite it freezes up, but only a few times

but, last nite 11/09/15 the spectrum streaming app would not play .. i unplug the roku 3 box, restarted, no avail .. uninstalled spectrum and unplugged the box .. i reinstalled the spectrum app to no avail .. what gives?

when spectrum streaming was working i enjoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.