best value older unlocked iPhone or smartphone for apps

DeathTongue

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
Well I think I'm finally about to get a smart phone and I'm not really sure what I need. My wife has a smartphone and I've had flip phones before with pre-paid minutes, but I really want to get a cell or portable device that can connect to wi-fi hotspots and run apps for places like McDonalds or Dollar General so I can use their online coupons. I've done some research and it seems that there are lots of older generation phones that might work nicely, such as iPhone 5s, 6 or 6s, or an LG G6, or Motorola E4 or E5. Actual use as a phone would be secondary, but I do want that to be available if needed. Most important is the ability to connect to wifi hotspots easily and run apps quickly. I don't want a screen that is too big either, 4.7-5 inch would be great, 5.5 would be pushing it. I prefer to buy a brand new unlocked model of one of these older phones, but will try a refurb if necessary. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

bugeyed

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I recommend the iPhone 6s or 7. iPhone 6s are fairly cheap now. Refurbished phones through Amazon are usually a good idea, as the return policy lets you return it easily if not happy. You have 90 day return window too!