Best Video editing proram for an absolute beginner? Pc windows 8 user

tectinskysurfer

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
He everyone, I need your help! I have some videos , live concert recordings, which are too long. I need to be able to cut the clips shorter, as they are too long. Fx Out of an 50 min clip I would need 5 mins in the middle. My question is, what is the best , beginners freindly video editing software for this ? Not too expensive, or even free ( If there is one that is bug free) as I only need to cut picture and sound at the same time and no other editing is needed ?

Solution
Welcome.
Yup you can do that easily with camtasia. I would have said just to use windows movie maker 6 for this, but i don't, coz it crashes like crazy and can't handle big video files. I think camtasia is much more stable than WMM. Just familiarize a bit with camtasia, and you are good to go.

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
IMO, "Camtasia Studio" is a simple yet bug free video editor for a beginner. If you need cool transition effects etc, "Photodesk Proshow Studio" is great and simple one, i think (You might wanna combine the two to make a decent video -- Camtasia for cutting and slicing, and Proshow for adding effects). I've also tried "Videopad Video Editor" but it turned out to be have bugs. "VReveal" editor is good for stuff like enhancing, stabilizing, color correction etc the clips. This is from my personal experience, so there probably be many others out there better than these. Hope this helps.

tectinskysurfer

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
Thankyou so much for responding!!! So I have a very "beginner question" In my video recordings , there is people playong music live. So..... I need to be be able to cut both sound and picture at the same time , right? Like slicing a "piece of cake" of the video and then I am done ? I can do this with Camtasia ?

KasunL

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
Welcome.
Yup you can do that easily with camtasia. I would have said just to use windows movie maker 6 for this, but i don't, coz it crashes like crazy and can't handle big video files. I think camtasia is much more stable than WMM. Just familiarize a bit with camtasia, and you are good to go.

Solution

tectinskysurfer

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
GREAT, Will do. Because even I am a complete beginner, I have heard lots of stuff about WMM, that it is difficult to use, and not userfriendly. Thankyou so much for bringing me out of darkness!! If I get into trouble I might write again on this thread! :) Probably in a couple of days LOL

tectinskysurfer

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
I fixed the videeos, ended up using another program ....could not manage to download for some reasonI found another one , quite simple to use .. AVS Video editor..

but still, this was a great help!! Now I have another question : I need to download some videos from youtube: Which program is bugfree, easy to use, again for pc, windows 8 ?