Best way to charge mobile battery

Jack977

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys, sorry this has probably been asked alot before but i just wanna make sure that i'm charging my phone correctly to make the battery last throughout the 2 year contract. So anyways i just got a samsung galaxy s7 edge which is a very expensive piece of equipment where i live and this is my first time having a 24 month contract, normally i just buy a new phone whenever i feel like upgrading but i guess i'm stuck with this one for 2 years haha. So anyways i used to be under the impression that charging to 100% then letting it drain to 0% and repeat was the best thing to do for modern smart phones, but i've looked it up recently and apparently that is the complete opposite of what you should do and should never let it get below 50%. So does anyone have any real experience on what is actually the best way to mantain a mobile battery? Cheers

Solution
Others might disagree here, but I honestly don't think it matters. All that battery management will keep your battery running at higher capacities, but it'll be to the tune of a couple % difference over the course of a year or two. Really not worth the trouble to me.

Just use your phone and charge it when you need to. Don't obsess over it. Unless you absolutely abuse your device and keep it running red-hot all the time, your battery will last you just fine throughout the course of your contract.
Others might disagree here, but I honestly don't think it matters. All that battery management will keep your battery running at higher capacities, but it'll be to the tune of a couple % difference over the course of a year or two. Really not worth the trouble to me.

Just use your phone and charge it when you need to. Don't obsess over it. Unless you absolutely abuse your device and keep it running red-hot all the time, your battery will last you just fine throughout the course of your contract.

Solution