Question Best way to clean laptop screen/keys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
i got some pc wipes coming but don't want this to effect the screen?

Whats the best way to clean it?

Links welcome. thanks

I can't guarantee this is the "best" way, but I've always used eye glass cleaner and the cleaning towel I get from the optician. I imagine anything suitable for a camera lens would work also. I don't know if there are coatings of the outside of the glass on a laptop but I am careful.

i got some pc wipes coming but don't want this to effect the screen?

Whats the best way to clean it?

Links welcome. thanks

Those PC wipes are probably fine to use on the screen, it will tell you if they are.

I use a foaming glass cleaner, make sure any cleaner you use does not have ammonia or harsh solvents that can damage the plastic.

This stuff is great https://www.spraywayretail.com/prod...mRkKZuyvVSvPX7p3TvLeUaQqTVxrfIncaAgU2EALw_wcB Don't use the Windex version, that has ammonia. It does not streak or damage any screen I used it on. Glass/plastic window on computer, computer screen, TV, car stereo, phone, etc...

Microfiber towels, I use those as dust covers for my keyboards also when not using them to actually clean things with. Lint free paper towels, you won't be using them up much so the extra cost is not that bad.

Also a brush is good to use on the keyboard to brush out things that compressed air does not get to, just be gentle with it. 1 or 1.5 inch work well for keyboards, I like the angled type, can also get them as an anti-static set if you like but I never had issues with using standard softer paint brushes. Cleans out mice, USB ports, fans, other parts in computers, car nooks, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deciplox

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Those PC wipes are probably fine to use on the screen, it will tell you if they are.

I use a foaming glass cleaner, make sure any cleaner you use does not have ammonia or harsh solvents that can damage the plastic.

This stuff is great https://www.spraywayretail.com/prod...mRkKZuyvVSvPX7p3TvLeUaQqTVxrfIncaAgU2EALw_wcB Don't use the Windex version, that has ammonia. It does not streak or damage any screen I used it on. Glass/plastic window on computer, computer screen, TV, car stereo, phone, etc...

Microfiber towels, I use those as dust covers for my keyboards also when not using them to actually clean things with. Lint free paper towels, you won't be using them up much so the extra cost is not that bad.

Also a brush is good to use on the keyboard to brush out things that compressed air does not get to, just be gentle with it. 1 or 1.5 inch work well for keyboards, I like the angled type, can also get them as an anti-static set if you like but I never had issues with using standard softer paint brushes. Cleans out mice, USB ports, fans, other parts in computers, car nooks, etc...

Thank you, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS