Best way to clean speaker grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epoticon

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hello what would be the best way of cleaning the fabric grill on a speaker box? This of course is with the speakers removed.

8A.jpg

8B.jpg

Solution
Thx everyone! Just an update. The simple green just wasn't strong enough but I love the product and will use on other projects. I decided to try Scrub Free and it worked great which leads me to believe bubbling bubbles would have probably done the trick. And finally the new grill option is good to know as I may use that down the road. lol I figure we all won!

HomeVision

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
You can get good results using Simple Green soap at a 50/50 mix with water. Brush on the Simple Green solution with a very soft good size width paint brush that won't abrade the grille cloth fibers. Work it into the grille cloth gently, then let it sit for awhile. I rinse my projects off in the shower with a gentle warm spray. Repeat if necessary. Let dry over night. Don't apply any heat, hair dryer, etc., just let dry naturally.
Good Luck

epoticon

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Thx everyone! Just an update. The simple green just wasn't strong enough but I love the product and will use on other projects. I decided to try Scrub Free and it worked great which leads me to believe bubbling bubbles would have probably done the trick. And finally the new grill option is good to know as I may use that down the road. lol I figure we all won!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.