Best way to increase my Volume ?

sighnbox

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hi Guys my current set up as below I'm happy with the quality of what my comp kicks out sound wise but I want it louder a lot louder any ideas of the best way (hope fully with no quality loss)

Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3930K Enthusiast Unlocked, S 2011, Sandybridge-E, Six Core, 3.2GHz, 12MB Smart Cache, 130W, Retail
240GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS Edition Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s 85KIOPS (for operating system)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x 2 for storage drives SATA 6Gb/s
2 x StarTech.com 5.25 inch Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack with LCD
1280MB Gainward GTX 570 Phantom, 40nm, 1950MHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, Shader 1600MHz, 480 Cores, DP/HDMI

(Just about to up grade to the 4GB 970 Phantom)

16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 8-8-8-24, XMP, 1.5V
Corsair H80 Hydro CPU cooler
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850w psu
Coolermaster SlickleFLow Blue LED Quiet Case Fan 120mm x Five
2 x LG Blu-Ray rewriter BH16NS40.AUAR10B - LG 16x Blu-ray Writer, 16x DVD±R, 8x +RW, 6x -RW, 12x RAM
Cooler Master Cosmos 1100 sport (powder coated black inside)
Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS 24" monitors x 2 (dual screen)
Icy box IB865 USB 3.0 supper speed card reader
Edifier 2.1 ...M3300SF Speakers
Logitec 9000 Pro HD webcam
Windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit OS

Solution
use the front jack not the rear jack connected to the speaker system. if that doesnt work try loudness equalization or boosting up the equalizer settings.

past that, you could use a powerful soundcard or amplifier but you might end up damaging your headphones if you try to push them past rated capabilities.

sighnbox

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Do they really make a big difference of the volume or just quality ??

As just been looking at the Creative Sound Blaster ZX PCI Express Sound Card 5.1 Channel

sighnbox

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
What it says about my MB sound...

ASUS Crystal Sound
DTS Connect

Expand Your PC Audio Experience
To get the most out of your audio entertainment across all formats and quality levels, DTS Connect combines two enabling technologies. DTS Neo:pC™ upmixes stereo sources (CDs, MP3s, WMAs, internet radio) into as many as 7.1 channels of incredible surround sound. Consumers can then connect their PC to a home theater system.DTS Interactive is capable of performing multi-channel encoding of DTS bitstreams on personal computers, and sending encoded bitstreams out of a digital audio connection (such as S/PDIF or HDMI) designed to deliver audio to an external decoder.

i am guessing that you are trying to get more volume out of the edifier 2.1 speaker set?

keep in mind that (according to the specs i could find) it only has 12w satelites and a 30w subwoofer so they are not going to get as loud as more powerful speaker systems. there is a maximum limit to how loud it can get and trying to circumvent this could end up damaging your speakers. if you want "crazy loud" speakers, buy something more suited to the task although the system you have should get loud enough for pc use.

i am assuming you have already tried windows volume turned up, application/web player volume turned up and the speaker volume knob turned up.

you could try using the front jack for headphones instead of the rear as often the headphone jack is a bit more heavily amplified so will be louder. likewise "loudness equalization" can increase volume by a bit and is found in sound properties. using an equalizer can boost certain frequencies as well.

is a sound card going to help? likely not in the way you want as the speakers you have are self amplified and given that you want the z (an $80 card) it would be worth upgrading to more powerful speakers instead.

if you are trying to power headphones.... then there are other options and what i said above does not apply but you did not mention headphones and bolded your speaker set.

sighnbox

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
OK thanks for the reply fantastic answer and great info there........ But nope the speakers volume is fine really ...Ok if it was louder it would be better but its using head phones I want more volume a lot more volume (there plugged in to the speakers Volume control)

Yes sorry forgot to mention its headphones just put the speakers in red type as that's what my current head phones are plugged into but as I say any increase in speaker volume is good but its really for head phones

Yes all the application volumes are turned right up in all the settings.

use the front jack not the rear jack connected to the speaker system. if that doesnt work try loudness equalization or boosting up the equalizer settings.

past that, you could use a powerful soundcard or amplifier but you might end up damaging your headphones if you try to push them past rated capabilities.

Solution