Solved! Biamping an Audiolab 8000A with a 8000P and two 8000M's

Dec 12, 2019
Hi All,

Just after some help please. I currently have an Audiolab 8000A coupled to an 8000P, driving Acoustic Anergy AE1's. I've recently aquired 2 X 8000M Monoblocks, it mentions in the Audiolab manual these can be biamped, with the 8000P supplying the tweeters and the 8000M's providing the bass. I've tried to provide a connection diagram of how i think it should be linked but am struggling to attach it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Solution
Connect the preamp outputs of the integrated amp to the input of the monoblocks. Since these are internally connected to the amp section of the integrated you can drive the internal and external amps without having to go into the integrated.
Remove the bridge between the biwire terminals on each speaker.
Connect the existing speaker wires (connected to the integrated amp) to the tweeter terminals.
Add speaker wire from each monoblock to the woofer terminals of each speaker.
It may not sound better than just using the monoblocks to drive the speakers full range. I would try it both ways.
If you prefer using just the monoblocks then the manual says you have to do a simple internal modification to disconnect the preamp section from the...
Connect the preamp outputs of the integrated amp to the input of the monoblocks. Since these are internally connected to the amp section of the integrated you can drive the internal and external amps without having to go into the integrated.
Remove the bridge between the biwire terminals on each speaker.
Connect the existing speaker wires (connected to the integrated amp) to the tweeter terminals.
Add speaker wire from each monoblock to the woofer terminals of each speaker.
It may not sound better than just using the monoblocks to drive the speakers full range. I would try it both ways.
If you prefer using just the monoblocks then the manual says you have to do a simple internal modification to disconnect the preamp section from the internal amp. It might sound even better if the preamp section doesn't have to drive the internal amps.

Solution
Dec 12, 2019
Thank you for the information that's a great help. Just waiting for the 8000m's to arrive then I'll get them connected. Is the mod information in the 8000A service manual? I can see in section 6 it mentions about a mod for Independant operation of pre/power amp, is that it?