Big Problem with Laptop.

Darties

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
So, long story short, I messed my computer up, and now I can't even get it to boot past the logo screen, it just sits there, and doesn't do anything at all.
I've tried messing around with a USB recovery drive, but to no prevail, I get to the trouble shoot screen, and I get errors like "The drive where windows is installed is locked..." or "A required drive partition is missing." I've tried messing in command prompt to fix it, but the USB I'm using isn't big enough to fit a partition in it. And when I try to use the "Automatic Repair" option, it goes to a screen that says "Diagnosing..." and then sends me back to a Lenovo logo, then back to the USB boot screen. I'm almost certain this is because I had to make the USB Recovery drive from a completely different computer, however.

As you can see, I messed up pretty badly, all help is appreciated.
I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad y510p, by the way. And the PC I used to create the USB was a HP-Pavillion p7-1467cp (Not sure what that means).

Darties

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

I called the support, and they said I have to buy a new Windows 8 CD, which I'd rather avoid.

However, I've made a restore CD from my HP computer, and it boots up from it, but it shows up as a black screen with only a cursor, anyone know a fix to that?

hackintosh777

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014

Use the HP, burn a keyfinder (such as Magical Jellybean) to a CD, boot from that, and find your product key.