Solved! BIOS error

alex_70

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
My toshiba L300 crashed and when i tried to reinstall it fails giving a bios error what could be the problem?

Solution

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Restart it and tap whatever key the first screen tells you that you need to go into BIOS or Setup - Delete or Function 2 are regulars. One in, seek out the setting to restore Optimal Defaults or similar, accept that one, save the changes and see if the message disappears.

I've worked on a number of Toshibas where this has happened and BIOS is password protected - often where it never previously had been - and I've yet to find a way round that so hopefully, that isn't your problem. If it is, however, your data can still be retrieved by taking the hard disk out.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Restart it and tap whatever key the first screen tells you that you need to go into BIOS or Setup - Delete or Function 2 are regulars. One in, seek out the setting to restore Optimal Defaults or similar, accept that one, save the changes and see if the message disappears.

I've worked on a number of Toshibas where this has happened and BIOS is password protected - often where it never previously had been - and I've yet to find a way round that so hopefully, that isn't your problem. If it is, however, your data can still be retrieved by taking the hard disk out.

Solution