Bios loop maybe?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Hello having an odd issue. The lap top is a samsung (np700z5c) okay here is the issue before I left to go on mission my laptop was running fine I left it at home while I was gone and came back turned it on the Windows boot screen took over an hour to load and windows ran slow even once booted so naturally I thought it was just windows acting up so I turned off the laptop and dusted off the windows 7 disk and prepared to donanclean install no issue done them before...well turned back on laptop and it boots up and the Samsung slash screen comes up an the blue bar loads and the laptop just resets over and over..the bio buttion won't work the boot order buttion won't work the keyboard lights up and what now but just boots over and over..at and lost here any help would be helpful.

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Well found this and it seems to confirm my thought http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/701927-clean-install-windows-7-8-samsung-7-series-chronos-laptops-expresscache.html. The mob is fine I am quite sure. After reading up that link makes sense it is late for me but I am going to try that guide after work tomorrow and will post an update for better or worseml.

Atrix

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
Yeah..when I do a chkdsk the hdd comes back as good but when I do a diskpart and look at the hdd it says it has no free space odd right. I ha e not had time to sit down and check a few other things on it.