Bios messed up

Mark_61

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Just got new gaming computer turned on it updated the bios and had to restart it came back on a different screen came up a bios screen so went to exit it said exit without changes so I thought the update wouldn't take so another opinion said save and reset well after that the monitor won't turn on just say no device detected

Solution
Pretty simple mark, look at the back of your tower.
From where the monitor cable for the video signal from the tower goes to the monitor.

If you look on the main I/O shield you will see another set of video ports, take the cable from the monitor lead that goes into the computer and connect it to the other video ports on the main I/O.

You will then get a picture on your monitor screen.
Go back into the bios.

And set the Graphics interface mode to Pci-e, or peg mode.
save the new settings before you exit the bios.

Now swap the video lead from the monitor to where it was connected in the first place on the back of the tower or computer case.

The next time you power up the computer an image will be displayed on your monitor screen.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Evening,

Look for the 'SILVER CIRCLE' on your motherboard, take it out by pushing in on the side and pulling it out. Leave it out for like 5 minutes and then put it back in. Also there should be a cap on 2 pins near to it, take that off and put it onto the other pin next to it (all in all 3 pins) and then put it back in the place it was before.

This will / should reset the BIOS for you to the default values if you fucked something up in there somewhere :D

Many thanks,

Shaun o

Distinguished
Pretty simple mark, look at the back of your tower.
From where the monitor cable for the video signal from the tower goes to the monitor.

If you look on the main I/O shield you will see another set of video ports, take the cable from the monitor lead that goes into the computer and connect it to the other video ports on the main I/O.

You will then get a picture on your monitor screen.
Go back into the bios.

And set the Graphics interface mode to Pci-e, or peg mode.
save the new settings before you exit the bios.

Now swap the video lead from the monitor to where it was connected in the first place on the back of the tower or computer case.

The next time you power up the computer an image will be displayed on your monitor screen.

Solution