Solved! BIOS update stuck with Toshiba HDTB410EK3AA

Jun 22, 2020
My laptop (Toshiba HDTB410EK3AA, bought in January 2019) suggested an update today, and, unluckily, I agreed. Now it has been stuck for hours upgrading BIOS, telling me not to switch the laptop off. At some point, it told me to remove the folder "C:\ProgramData\Dynabook\BIOS_package" manually, but when I tried to, the system told me the folder was in use, and it could not be deleted. I have no idea how to delete it. Since then (also some hours ago), I just keep being stuck with the updating message ("Toshiba BIOS Package Ver 4.4.9 Updating... The power LED will blink to indicate that update is in progress. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.") I am afraid if I just shut down and restart, I will have messed up the entire system. Can anybody help?

Solution
From what I understood, I was mainly lucky and the BIOS update had worked. I learnt for the future, though, that Avira antivirus can interfere with BIOS updates, that I should rely on the Defender instead, but even turn that off before a BIOS update. Also to do all Windows updates and restart before BIOS updates. And to do chkdsk c: (without /f, ) and sfc /scannow on a regular basis 😊. It's a Toshiba Satellite, btw, I copied the name of my external harddrive w/o even noticing 😳...
Jun 22, 2020
From what I understood, I was mainly lucky and the BIOS update had worked. I learnt for the future, though, that Avira antivirus can interfere with BIOS updates, that I should rely on the Defender instead, but even turn that off before a BIOS update. Also to do all Windows updates and restart before BIOS updates. And to do chkdsk c: (without /f, ) and sfc /scannow on a regular basis 😊. It's a Toshiba Satellite, btw, I copied the name of my external harddrive w/o even noticing 😳...

Reactions: helpstar
Solution