BioShock 2 PS3 Has Crazy HDD Req, PC OK

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
lol useless news, wtf is the big deal with 5 or 11 GB ? I have a usb stick of 8gb that u can buy dirt cheap. Maybe if it was like 20+gb then thats something else. -1 news sucks

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I'll wait until it goes cheap. I purchased the original Bioshock for the PC at Target when it went on sale for $20.

I'll do the same, but I'll wait for it on Steam.

juliom

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]"SecuROM offers unlimited activations on up to 5 PCs"Not as bad as the first but still not acceptable. It will not see my gaming rig.[/citation]

Why is that? This is a much, much better situation than the 1st game. Do you plan on playing the game on 5 different machines???

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]d-block[/nom]you won't have to install it to the hdd for the 360. it is a much better machine than the horribly thought out ps3. two thumbs down sony[/citation]

You don't have to install it to the 360's HD, correct. I personally prefer to install the games to it's HD however. Makes for very quiet operation and better load times. Less wear and tear on the DVD-rom, the better! :)

G

11GB for PC isn't unusual. I have a few PC games that are several years old and use that much space.

Man, I was considering purchasing BS2, but now that I've read the activation and Windows Live requirements, there is no way I am buying it. Authentication required just to save? That is friggin' ridiculous.

@Rab1d-BDGR:
Just because a game doesn't require activation or authentication doesn't mean it is free of SecuROM. Dragon Age and ME2 both use SecuROM for a disk check.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]Agreed. SecuROM games can go and swivel. I only got mass effect because I didn't realise it had SecuROM - I'm so glad ME2 won't use it otherwise I wouldn't play it and I love Mass Effect![/citation]

securm sucks indeed, I agree with you guys.
I hate online activation/authentication requirements.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
4.98 GB of space (or 5011 MB, depending on who you ask)
Actually Windows divides by 1024^3 for GB and 1024^2 for MB.

The correct thing is: 1000^3 and using GB with 1000^2 using MB.
Or using GiB for 1024^3 and MiB for1024^2.
Mac and Linux use the correct combination, only Windows is left to take the step.
This means, in order to know the exact number of bits, which seems to come in handy here, you have to: 1024*1024*5011 = 5254414336 B(ytes)

G

I love games like Bioshock...I actually played the first one's the developers ever did which were System Shock 1 and 2 and that hooked me on pc gaming. However, all this new security and anti piracy crap has gotten to the point that I REFUSE to install any of them on my computer. It is not about price, it's about hassle. I don't want my games to require anything after the initial installation to work fully. All that crap-ware reduces the overall function of the computer and creates all kinds of conflicts in a Windows environment that is barely stable to begin with. The bad news is that someone will hack the game and eliminate all those aforementioned problems and make a lot of money doing it only because the publishers have begun punishing the consumer rather than the pirates themselves. I would be more likely to buy the pirated version for the same dollar amount rather than the legit game just because I despise anything installing in the background on my system - and remember it is MY system - I don't give up my rights to my computer just because I purchase a game. This is another nail in the coffin of PC games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.