black screen have sound plasma, help please

handbcaughlin

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
I have an LG 50pg25. I was watching it and everything was normal. I heard a click and the screen went black. Sound stayed on. I turned it of and waited 5 or so and turned it on again. it started up with the power button blinking like normal, the sound came on but no picture. I have been reading your different posts and tried the lights off start up and the screen is not lighting at all. I do not see anything swollen or burnt pins but I am not an expert or even an amateur repairman. From my reading seems to be the ysus? the date code on the tv is 2008, I dint know if that means anything but it is 5.5 yr old. Please help. can't afford a new TV. oh I forgot the menu does not show up. so in review: sound but no picture, no menu, screen does not light up. Thank you.

Solution
Try leaving the unit unplugged for a while. Something may have tripped inside the unit to prevent an overheating that could cause further damage. Leaving the unit off and unplugged for a while may allow for certain thermal sensors to reset, thus allowing for the unit to return to normal operation.

Be sure the unit has some of ventilation near the top. Did the unit get warm at the top while it was switched on but still had a black/blank screen?

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Try leaving the unit unplugged for a while. Something may have tripped inside the unit to prevent an overheating that could cause further damage. Leaving the unit off and unplugged for a while may allow for certain thermal sensors to reset, thus allowing for the unit to return to normal operation.

Be sure the unit has some of ventilation near the top. Did the unit get warm at the top while it was switched on but still had a black/blank screen?

Solution