Black screen issues

vikmoks01

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Hi, I use a Lenovo G40-80 laptop which recently I accidentally dropped. Nothing went exactly wrong immediately, but shortly after, I used up my battery and got my power pack but my laptop refused to boot only bringing out the Lenovo logo and then going on to black screen.
I've tried every thing I know and I've read, I've watched YouTube videos, and tried every instruction. I've even reseated the hard disk, but all to no avail... Please what do I do???

Just because it is a black screen doesn't mean it isn't booting. Does it make any noise at all from inside? Fans, etc. and are any of the indicator lights on? If yes, then try the following...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

vikmoks01

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
The laptop isn't booting, cause I've left the laptop on different occasions for 3hours, 2 hours... Yet it still doesn't boot, so I feel the issue is with the booting

Yeah then definitely not just the screen. Have you tried...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

vikmoks01

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

Yeah I've tried it but its not working, I eve tried booting into the BIOS... Still not working