Black screen of death???

Jun 25, 2018
Hi,
I have an Acer laptop and I had it for some time now. Recently, my hard drive stopped reading so I've had to replace it. It worked well but a few days ago, I left it on and when I came back, the screen was black. If I look closely, I am able to see stuff on the black screen but it's physically black. I tried all the electrical hacks to no avail. I left if off yesterday and didn't just turned it on. The display screen came on briefly and it just sort of transitioned to black in a flash. This has happened before and I left it off for a long time (a month I believe) then I tried it and it worked fine (That was before the hard drive issue). Any ideas on how I can fix it because even when I believe these are areal hints that I need a new laptop, I really can't aford one right now.

Solution
Might want to connect off the laptop using the HDMI port and see if you get any display to your external display. The issue you speak of is where the OS(assuming you're on Windows 10) sees the iGPU as the primary. Ofc I don't know the SKU to your Acer laptop which is why I'm assuming so much. If you don't have any critical information on your installation drive, you can reinstall your OS.

Lutfij

Splendid
Might want to connect off the laptop using the HDMI port and see if you get any display to your external display. The issue you speak of is where the OS(assuming you're on Windows 10) sees the iGPU as the primary. Ofc I don't know the SKU to your Acer laptop which is why I'm assuming so much. If you don't have any critical information on your installation drive, you can reinstall your OS.

Solution