Solved! Black screen of death

Jan 6, 2019
Hi. My HP laptop has BSD. It was fine then turned it off. Not used it for a few months.

I have tried the hard rest but taking out the battery and disconnected the power supply. Held the power button. 30s then. 1 mim. 2min.

I plugged in and external monitor and all is ok. So the laptop works. Just not the screen.

Any ideas what the issue maybe

Thanks

Solution
If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If it is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try replacing the parts yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech to do the work.
If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If it is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try replacing the parts yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech to do the work.

Solution
Jan 6, 2019

Great thanks, will have a look, thanks