Solved! Black Screen on Boot

Nov 29, 2021
When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen (more grey because the screen is still on). I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended up buying another SSD, and cloning my current SSD to the one I just bought, but I still run into the same problem on boot. I can’t enter safe mode. I made sure all boot options were correct in the bios.
I also originally cloned a separate hard drive to the new ssd I bought to make sure it would work and it did. So Im pretty sure it has something to do with the SSD or something on the ssd given the clone has run into the same problems. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
When I boot my pc It loads past the bios, then I get the circle loading symbol. This fades away and I am left with a black screen (more grey because the screen is still on). I Think it is a problem with my SSD. I put in a separate Hard drive to test and it works fine. I ended up buying another SSD, and cloning my current SSD to the one I just bought, but I still run into the same problem on boot. I can’t enter safe mode. I made sure all boot options were correct in the bios.
I also originally cloned a separate hard drive to the new ssd I bought to make sure it would work and it did. So Im pretty sure it has something to do with the SSD or something on the ssd given the clone has run into the same problems. Any help is appreciated...

buteman

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I also originally cloned a separate hard drive to the new ssd I bought to make sure it would work and it did. So Im pretty sure it has something to do with the SSD or something on the ssd given the clone has run into the same problems. Any help is appreciated.
It does sound like the software is the problem as you were able to clone the disc. If you have a Windows recovery disc try doing a repair.

Solution