Black screen start up Toshiba satellite

funkybecky81

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
First I have extremely basic knowledge with anything tech. My son is autistic and he was playing on a learning site and pop ups kept popping up. So I thought I'd try and reset to a earlier time. Three hours passed it was still stuck on the same screen so I thought maybe it had frozen so I shut it down :-/ when I started it back up again it pops up Toshiba but then just a black screen. No options or anything to click at all. All his college work is on there (no not backed up) I could just cry he went to bed while it was originally restoring after two hours so he has no idea, I'm scared for if he finds out with he's condition he want process well at all. Help please and please I have no idea about any tech lingo at all.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work, press CTRL+ATL+DEL then select Task Manager then click on New Task, type in explorer.exe and click OK then see if it will load your desktop screen back.
- If it will not work, open Task Manager again then click on Startup tab then disable all the startup items and reboot your laptop.
- Next to try if it will still not work is to load the laptop into Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- Once loaded in Safe Mode run System Restore, put it back to an earlier date when the laptop was working properly.
- Here's how: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work you'll need to reinstall Windows as the last option.

funkybecky81

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
I have tried the above apart from reinstalling windows as the laptop didn't come with anything (its 6months old) it switches on and loads Toshiba logo then says prepaying automatic repair then its a black screen. No mater whast push f8 or the con,aslt,del nothing pops up.