Black Screen toshiba sat pro L450D

fozzy_12

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Hi anyone
my laptop screen stays black when it is turned on the power lights come on and the hard drive light flickers once when powered up, ive plugged the laptop into my tv it to determine if its the screen thats not working but nothing, i am unable to access the bios i get nothing i have also taken out the hard drive and powered it up but but still i get nothing i have also tried various rescue disks but again no luck, there is a chance that it may have been dropped as the kids used it last but can not be sure getting the truth out of kids is like getting blood out of a stone, if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be i would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance

Fozzy_12 :cry:

fozzy_12

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

Hi there again WR2 i cleaned the screen held it up to the light and saw nothing i also held a small flash light (blue bulbed) up to screen and could not see anything.

That pretty much rules out a LCD backlight or LCD power inverter issue.

A jolt, such as being dropped, could have caused a wide range of faults. Anything from a loose data/power cable in the LCD screen to a damaged motherboard.
You probably need a real expert about now.

fozzy_12

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

Thankyou for your help i will strip it down and if there is nothing obvious i will replace the mother board thanx again.

Fozzy

TRENDING THREADS